Get everyone to stand up and tell them to sit down when they think 1 minute has elapsed. (Remember to time it!) You may need to adapt this by getting people to put their hand up and put it down when they think the time's passed instead. A prize may help for the person closest to 1 minute!
In the 10 minutes or so this assembly takes you will..
- Blink 300 times
- Pump 59 litres of blood through your heart
- Breath 120 times using 56 litres of air
- Grow 0.0023 millimeters of hair on your head
- Sweat enough to loose 4 grammes of water from your body
In Britain we'll..
- Eat 13,500 kg of sweets
- Use 25,000 rolls of toilet tissue
- Change 97,000 nappies (diapers!)
- Harvest 3 tonnes of brussel sprouts
- Receive 100,000 pieces of junk mail
Time is really important. Before we know it, it's gone so make sure you make the most of it. John Erskine wrote a famous book called 'Helen of Troy' almost completely in cars commuting between home and university. How do you use your spare time?
Stephen Hawking the famous scientist/physicist didn't let the fact that he had motor neurone disease stop him - no, he determined to make the most of his time using his mind.
It is easy to feel a bit left out in this world of ours of 6 billion people but God created you in his image. Don't spend time on things that aren't really important but on what really matters - how you treat other people, how you value yourself and making the most of every opportunity. God created the world in 7 days - what a way to spend 7 days! The best part of his work in his own words is you and me! Don't waste your time but make it count